Daniel Solano, D.O.
Dr. Solano is a board-certified ophthalmologist by The American Osteopathic Colleges of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. He specializes in minimally invasive cataract surgery, glaucoma laser surgery, and eyelid reconstruction.
He earned his Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He completed his internship and Ophthalmology Residency at Doctors Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.
Dr. Solano is a member of The American Academy of Ophthalmology, The Florida Society of Ophthalmology, The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the American Medical Association, and the Charlotte County Medical Society.
His passion for ophthalmology began in high school where he completed a two-year course as an ophthalmic technician. He subsequently worked three years during his undergraduate training as an ophthalmic technician.
A South Florida native, fluent in Spanish, he enjoys being outdoors with his wife and children, enjoying volleyball, mountain biking, flying radio-controlled airplanes and water sports.
Dr. Solano is honored to deliver compassionate eye care toward maintaining the precious gift of sight. He has a special interest in minimally invasive cataract surgery, glaucoma and eyelid reconstruction.
Neil B. Zusman, M.D., FACS
Dr. Zusman is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and has been serving the residents of Charlotte County since 1988. Born in Detroit MI, he knew early on that he wanted to be an eye physician due to the positive influence of his optometrist father.
He earned his Doctor of Medicine at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. Following extensive research at Wayne State University, he has had numerous articles published.
Dr. Zusman is a member of the Florida Medical Association, The Florida Society of Ophthalmology, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the Charlotte County Medical Society.
Dr. Zusman’s hobbies include spending time in the gym, travel, and sports. For years, he was the team eye consultant for the Texas Rangers during spring training. Currently, he is the team ophthalmology consultant for the Tampa Rays organization and Team Eye Physician for the Charlotte Stone Crabs.
He is married to his high school sweetheart, Amy. They feel fortunate to reside in Charlotte County, where they raised their three children.
- Southfield Lathrup Senior High School: Salutatorian; National Honor Society
- Kalamazoo College: Magna Cum Laude; Alpha Lambda Delta Honors Society (President); Phi Beta Kappa; Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Wayne State University School of Medicine: “Distinction in Biomedical Research Award” and Numerous scientific publications (1st author)
- Emory University: Publication in American Journal of Ophthalmology (1st author)
- Charlotte County’s Best Ophthalmologist
- Consumers’ Guide to Top Doctors
- Florida Monthly: Top Florida Doctors
- Most Recommended Physicians, 2011 National Consumers Survey for Florida